Established in 1974, Fluid Controls Private Limited® has over 40 years of experience in engineering connections. It offers end-to-end Make in India solutions for various applications across industries – from design and engineering services to supply of high-performance products.
Fluid Controls® offers clients a complete range of instrumentation products – connectors and adaptors for tubes and hose, valves, manifolds, DIN pipe clamps and SAE flanges. It also offers close coupled/prefabricated instrument hook-ups, high pressure needle valves, gas valves for turbine applications, block and bleed valves and O2 clean fittings for pharma and bio-tech applications. Its products ensure precision connections that are designed based on specific application requirements and perform to international standards. Meanwhile, Fluid Controls® has recently introduced a range of services, including design and engineering services, testing services, on-site installation services and pre-fabricated assemblies.
It is a premier supplier to onshore and offshore oil and gas installations, process and power plants, the defence industry, critical applications for nuclear plants, and brake piping applications for rail and metros. The company is approved by all major Indian original equipment manufacturers (OEM) including the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation, Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited, NTPC Limited, Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited and Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited, besides railway OEMs. Its international customers are located in North America, Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia.
Fluid Controls® is the recipient of the “CII Industrial Innovation Award for Medium Scale Manufacturing Organizations” and has been recognised as one of the “Top 25 Innovative Companies of the Year” at the Indian R&D Ecosystem Conclave 2019. Other recognitions include the ”Top 10 Urban Infra Solution Provider of the Year” by Urban Transport News and the award for “Excellence in Technical Innovation” by ISA Maharashtra Section at PPA Meet 2020.
Fluid Controls® design and engineering services
Fluid Controls® offers design services and conversion engineering, including 3D modelling, finite element analysis and prototyping via Ansys and solid works. The company’s engineers work closely with customers to understand their requirements and develop effective solutions for them.
The company is approved as an “in-house research and development (R&D) unit” by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research. Its state-of-the-art R&D center is located at Chakan, Pune. The company’s R&D team uses the latest software and is equipped to customise connectors and products for customer requirements. The R&D centre also has a laboratory equipped to conduct all pressure, vibration and reliability tests as well as in-house spectro, positive material identification and ultrasonic testing. In addition to product design, the R&D team also engages in primary research. Fluid Controls® has filed its first global patent and is in the process of filing two more patents.
Fluid Controls® partners with customers to be a single source supplier for various connectors, valves, clamps and hose assemblies. Its products are manufactured using state-of-the-art technology at a 120,000 square feet manufacturing facility located outside Pune at Chakan, India. Its range of products includes:
- Double ferrule fittings with multiple sealing points and high vibration resistance which have been design validated by ABS and performance validated to ASTM F1387-99 (2012)
- DIN single ferrule connectors for various applications designed and validated to ISO 8434-1 and ISO 19879 standards
- Customised connectors designed to client requirements including BulkheadTM and Threaded adaptors, FlexiGripTM connectors for misaligned pipe connections, and quick release connectors
- A wide range of instrumentation valves for various critical applications including high pressure needle valves, ball valves, gas valves and check valves
- Two, three and five-way instrumentation manifolds with working pressure up to 10,000 pounds per square inch gauge
- Standard and heavy-duty DIN clamps and customised cleats as per customer requirements
- SAE and CETOP range of flanges
With its composite expertise of manufacturing connectors, the company’s understanding of tube and end connector performance and its decades of experience of swaging and accurate tube bending, Fluid Controls® offers customers a complete end-to-end engineered supply and installation solution. The company’s installation services include:
- Supply of zero-defect connectors and valves
- On-site connector fitment services at the customer site where the company’s resident team of experts conduct onsite installation and swaging services, ensuring proper fitment and performance of connectors.
- Pre-piped assemblies at plant. The tube formation, end formation and swaging of connectors is done at the company’s facility and the pre-piped assembly is shipped to the customer site. If required, Fluid Controls® team provides on-site fitment of these assemblies as well. These pre-piped assemblies facilitate customer inventory management and ensure faster turnarounds.
Fluid Controls® has system certifications for ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and PED. It also has a range of product performance certifications including ASTM F1387-99 (2012), ISO 19879, MSS-SP-99, Ball Valve certification as per API 607, Cryogenic Certification for Valves, Fugitive Emission certification for valves and American Bureau of Shipping PDA approval for fittings and valves.