Essar Projects

Essar Projects, a leading engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) company, has secured a Rs 3 billion contract from the Indian Farmers Fertilizer Co-operative (IFFCO).

The project entails the construction of a new phospho gypsum stack at IFFCO’s Paradip unit in Odisha, which is India’s largest phosphatic fertiliser complex. The project has two phases: Phase I, valued at about

Rs 1.9 billion, involves the completion of approximately 60 per cent of the total construction and is to be completed in 20 months. The second phase involves the construction of the remaining 40 per cent and will have to be completed in 10 months.

To date, the company has completed three major projects for IFFCO Paradip, handing them over well ahead of the scheduled date of completion. Essar Projects’ previous contracts for IFFCO include the construction and commissioning of a 2×2,500 million tonnes DAP/NAP silo, the revamping of an existing sulphur silo, and the EPC and commissioning of the eighth evaporator system of the phosphoric acid plant  at the IFFCO Paradip complex.

Essar Projects has the distinction of executing India’s first greenfield fertiliser project in recent times, the Matix fertilisers plant in Durgapur, West Bengal. This is also the largest integrated fertiliser plant in India.

GET ACCESS TO OUR ARTICLES

Enter your email address