Carlyle to buy 25 per cent stake in Airtel’s data centre arm Nxtra Data for $235 million

US-based Carlyle Group has entered into an agreement to buy a 25 per cent stake in Bharti Airtel’s data centre arm Nxtra Data Limited for $235 million. The acquisition will give Airtel’s Nxtra an enterprise valuation of about $1.2 billion. Further, Airtel will continue to hold the remaining 75 per cent stake in Nxtra. The stake will be bought by Comfort Investments II, an affiliated entity of CAP V Mauritius Limited, which is an investment fund managed and advised by affiliated entities of the Carlyle Group. However, the transaction is subject to the necessary regulatory approvals, which include approvals from the Competition Commission of India (CCI).

GET ACCESS TO OUR ARTICLES

Enter your email address