Sekura Roads to acquire Thrissur Expressway

Sekura Roads is set to acquire Thrissur Expressway Limited (TEL) from KMC Constructions for Rs 8 billion. Currently, KMC Infratech holds around 90 per cent stake in the 28 km-long TEL, with China Railway 18th Bureau Group Corporation Limited (CR18G) holding the remaining 10 per cent. Established in 2009, TEL was formed for the implementation of the Vadakkancherry-Thrissur six laning highway project. The project involves the six laning of the Vadakkancherry-Thrissur road stretch on the NH-47 from km 240 to km 270 in Kerala. NHAI is implementing the project under Phase II of the National Highways Development Project at a cost of Rs 13 billion.