Caterpillar, Inc., the world’s largest manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, has showcased its world-class products equipped with advanced technology and digital-enabled service solutions at Bauma Conexpo India in Delhi. From connected assets to online parts ordering, data analytics to automation, the Caterpillar exhibits feature a technology ecosystem to help customers get the most from their machines. Customer value agreements (CVAs) and other financial solutions enable big as well as small customers to run their businesses hassle-free. Attendees can also learn about remanufacturing and rebuild options to transform their used machines, bring new life to assets with like-new performance at a fraction of the cost of a new machine, while supporting a circular economy and helping our customers build a better, more sustainable world.
With the right tool for the right job, Caterpillar develops customised solutions for the growing needs of India’s infrastructure industry. The exhibition features a wide range of products including hydraulic excavators, wheel loaders, backhoe loaders, skid steer loaders, attachments and generator sets from Cat®, SEM, Hindustan and FG Wilson brands.
“We want all our customers, big and small, to be more successful using our products. Caterpillar achieves this by combining services and technology, such as data analytics and automation, to offer solutions beyond its machines,” said Mukul Dixit, India director of sales and marketing in Caterpillar’s Global Construction and Infrastructure Division. “We offer a variety of products for different applications to meet the demand for higher productivity, tighter project completion schedules, competitive cost of operations, safety and more.”
At the exhibition, attendees can see how Caterpillar is leveraging technology and innovation to improve productivity and sustainability of products, services and solutions for its customers, including:
- Cat Product Link™, along with global positioning system (GPS) connect, helps improve traceability and visibility while also enabling systems to observe, identify and understand different facets of heavy machinery operation without human intervention.
- Cat Grade with Assist for excavators uses machine position sensors and operator-defined depth and slope parameters to automate boom and stick movements for more accurate cuts with less effort to help increase operator efficiency.
- Cat Motor Grader equipped with AccuGrade™ Grade Control System enhances grading accuracy and virtually eliminates the need for survey stakes. The revolutionary Caterpillar solution is factory integrated, sensor-independent, and features a suite of products that include cross slope, sonic, laser, GPS and automatic total station technology.
- With more than 1.4 million connected assets capturing and reporting machine operating data, customers are now availing of solutions like Cat Productivity and VisionLink® to help increase uptime and maximise profitability.
- VisionLink connects customers with a comprehensive overview of their entire fleet to optimise equipment performance and gives them confidence in their operation and access to actionable information.
- Cat Productivity, a cloud-based productivity management tool, helps deliver real benefits for customers such as fuel reduction, cost reduction, improved productivity, optimised efficiency, improved utilisation and payload reporting.
- Improved analytical and service capabilities such as telematics, inspections, SOS services, as well as e-commerce platforms such as Parts.Cat.Com, and other dealer-specific mobile applications are making it easy for our customers to own, operate and maintain equipment at the click of a button.
- CVAs can provide customers hassle-free ownership of new and used equipment and help reduce operating costs.
- From Cat Financial, customers can avail of various financing and leasing options as well as extended protection packages to support their business.
Caterpillar is committed to supporting India’s growth and helping customers succeed with its innovative products, services, and digital-enabled solutions.