SIA confirms talks with Tatas to merge Vistara with Air India

Singapore Airlines (SIA) has confirmed that it is in talks with India’s Tata Group regarding a prospective merger between Vistara and Air India. The confirmation follows rumours that Tata, having acquired a 100 per cent stake in Air India, has been considering a merger with Vistara. Tata holds 51 per cent of Vistara, while SIA holds the remaining 49 per cent. It is un­known what share, if any, SIA would have if Vistara merges with Air India, or whether fresh funds would be needed for the ailing Air India group.