- Sector: Railways
- No. of stations: 600 stations
- Investment: Rs 1,000 billion
- Ownership: Government (central and state) and PPP (50 stations)
- Implementing agency: Indian Railway Station Development Corporation
- Mode of implementation: EPC (Gandhinagar, Chandigarh, AnandVihar, Bijwasan, etc.) and PPP (Habibganj, Amritsar, Nagpur, Gwalior, Surat, etc.)
- Start date: March 2016 (letter of intent issued for redevelopment of the Habibganj station)
Around 600 railway stations have been identified for a significant transformation under the Station Redevelopment Programme. Of these, 50 stations will be redeveloped on a PPP basis. The programme aims to not only develop modern infrastructure at stations, but also generate steady revenue streams for the railways through the monetisation of land in and around stations. Several projects are currently at different stages of implementation. While the Habibganj station is expected to be completed by March 2021, the Gandhinagar station will be ready by December 2020. Besides, contracts have been awarded for the Gomtinagar, AnandVihar, Bijwasan and Chandigarh railway stations on an EPC basis and work is in progress. The preparation of DPRs for at least 110 stations are currently under way.