Tata Power takes over CESU’s operations

Tata Power has taken over the management of the Central Electricity Supply Utility of Odisha (CESU). The Odisha Electricity Regulatory Commission (OERC) has issued an order vesting CESU with Tata Power with effect from June 1, 2020. CESU will now be known as Tata Power Central Odisha Distribution Limited (TPCODL) and undertake distribution and retail supply of electricity in five circles – Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Puri, Paradip and Dhenkanal. Tata Power will hold 51 per cent equity with management control in TPCODL while state-owned GRIDCO Limited will hold the remaining 49 per cent. Tata Power has received the licence for 25 years for the 30,000 square km area with a consumer base of 2.5 million.

GET ACCESS TO OUR ARTICLES

Enter your email address